Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Thing 20 Facebook and MySpace

I spent a fair amount of time on Facebook, less on MySpace. I set up a Facebook page where my first two friends are my son and daughter-in-law who have pages much more developed and interesting than mine. It's clear they use their pages actively, adding friends, tracking their travels, listing details in their profiles about music and reading preferences. In fact, I learned a few things about them I had not known before! I joined two groups, ALA and 23 Things on a Stick. and wrote several messages on my daughter-in-law's wall.

On MySpace I took a brief cruise of the site and looked at library pages for Denver Public and Hennepin County. The number of book ads in the form of thank yous posted by authors on both sites surprised me.

Of these two social networking sites, Facebook is the one I'd be more likely to use.

2 comments:

JeanneBR said...

Hi, Maureen - Happy late Birthday! (thought I forgot, eh??) I mostly use myspace to post fun cat pics in my nephews comments.

Maureen said...

Hi Jeanne,
What fun to hear from you! Thanks for the birthday wishes from the Gilded Giraffe who takes a very loooong view of birthdays. Hope you are doing well these days as changes swirl around you. Hang on!