Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Thing 17 ELM Productivity Tools

What would we do without ELM? I think of it as the Minnesota Miracle for students of all ages and for adults, too, who have myriad interests to explore. Having a statewide set of resources, available to everyone through their school library media center or public library, is wonderful. I remember a sense of pure exhiliration when state support for ELM became part of the base funding formula. That eliminated the need to lobby during every budget year for continuing the ELM subscriptions and provided a sense of security that ELM was a permanent resource, recognized as valuable by the legislature.

I explored Web 2.0 options on EBSCOHost and set up a folder. I was unable to load the QuickTime video with instructions for creating a web page but forged ahead on my own. Seemed to work out OK.

The challenges available with Thing 17 all look worth exploring, and I'll plan to come back to them later.

No comments: