Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Thing 16 Assignment and Research Project Calculators

These are extremely useful and helpful tools. I've seen both before and appreciated their value for students. Parents, too, would benefit from knowing about these as a way to help their students plan a step-by-step approach to organizing the work needed to complete an assignment well and on time. As the mother of adult children who once were students, I would have loved an ally that set target dates and task lists, a sort of neutral third party to spur students forward in their work. They'd be useful for school visits, too, both visits with students and with teachers.

In response to the second question, I can imagine using these in my own work. Example: I'll be working with our children's librarians to explore service guidelines, best practices, and benchmarks. To prepare, I'll want to do some background reading first as a way of becoming more familiar with current thinking about children's services. Using the RPC which has a Library Science category is worth a try.

No comments: