Monday, August 18, 2008

Thing 18 You Tube




OK, an explanation is in order. I searched YouTube for videos on the Southdale Library, hoping to find a video made by Edina High School students who came to the library on a Sunday morning (before opening) a couple years ago with elaborate equipment and an equally elaborate script. They had a great time and promised to give a copy of their video to the library. That never happened. Thinking it might have been posted on YouTube, I searched. It wasn't there, but I did find this amazingly odd video depicting a ride on the public elevator between the second and third floors. It's a short ride, and a short video, but it manages to convey how little there is to do in an elevator except stare at the walls and wait for the doors to open.

I watched Conan the Librarian and a couple library jokes, and checked GoogleVideo briefly, too. I also looked for instructional videos on how to fix a faucet, prepare a powerpoint, make ratatouille, and knit. Success! Suggesting YouTube as a source in response to how to... reference questions is something I definitely will try.

2 comments:

The Floating Lush said...

I like the video. :)

Jim said...

I got a kick at all the other Elevators they also did.