Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Thing 23 One Last Thing: Evaluation and Beyond

Thank you to Metronet, and all the multitype directors, for your leadership in developing and sponsoring 23 Things on a Stick. You've heard kudos from many participants, and I am joining that group.


Before starting the program, I had heard of most of the 23 things and thought I understood something about each of them. Working through the Things helped me to understand each one more fully and to see (in most cases) possible library applications. My favorite things were RSS feeds, productivity tools, and Library Thing. I will continue to use them.


As is always the case, being able to talk about the program with colleagues who also were working on the program was a key component of my learning. Though I was the slowest to complete the program, we all were working on it at roughly the same time, creating a community of learners. I learned a lot by reading my colleagues' blogs and talking with them about their ideas for using the Things here. I also appreciated their help and encouragement to keep moving and complete the program. I'm glad I did. When the next phase is ready in January, I will be an eager participant.

1 comment:

23 Things said...

Hurray! You finished! I'm glad you enjoyed it and learned a lot. See you at the MLA Party On a Stick!