Friday, June 27, 2008

Thing 8 Share Your Slides, Photos, or Presentation Slides

Another challenge here! Since I have few photos, I created an album of pictures from the library's Summer Reading Program Kick-off, held on the library's lovely lawn and featuring Bill the Juggler, a favorite performer who has been entertaining and engaging kids for years. If only the quality of the photo album matched the quality of the performer! I had several frustrations with this project. One, I could not find cropping tools on PictureTrail. Two, adding captions to the photos resulted in a gray band across the bottom of each photo, and I could not figure out how to fix that. Third, my blog layout did not accommodate the photo album as a sidebar (insufficient space for display). And, finally, fourth, posting the album within a blog post caused everything to freeze. This happened late on a Friday afternoon. I logged out, grateful to have a weekend free of blogging. Today I will try to overcome these frustrations by experimenting with other layouts.

1 comment:

Jim said...

I ran into same headaches. I just opted out of useing sidebars for images.